Identify and control BYOD
traffic on your network
Manage the congested BYOD environment
Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is a trend that is not going away. It is being embraced by staff, customers and suppliers, and increasingly blurring the lines for network managers in terms of knowing and controlling what’s on the network. Customers and suppliers are looking to connect to business applications on the network, and staff are using BYOD to access business applications, as well as recreational apps.
It is understood that a network manager’s life is not made easier by BYOD. Network managers need to know which devices are running on the network, what apps they are accessing, the impact they have on applications and network performance, and how they impact business productivity.
As a result, network managers have had to adapt and deploy tools that make BYOD management simple. Identifying devices is the first step. Network visibility of these devices, and the ability to control applications (traffic shaping) on these devices, is fundamental to ensuring business application performance in the increasingly congested world of BYOD.
Gain visibility and control with minutes of deployment
Sinefa’s network probe and dashboard app offer a zero-touch deployment solution for network managers providing high visibility into the BYOD devices and apps on the network as well as the impact they have on performance. Once visibility has been achieved, Sinefa’s technology allows network managers to control and prioritise the bandwidth they, and the apps they are running, are using in order to boost network performance and ultimately employee productivity.
In addition, Microsoft InTune provides mobile device management, mobile application management, and PC management capabilities from the cloud, allowing you to take control of your BYOD strategy, as well as monitor and control network traffic and devices in a secure manner.
In conjunction with Sinefa’s technology, it can help you to achieve effective visibility and control within minutes with Sinefa’s zero touch deployment. It allows you to understand what devices are on your network, which applications they are using, and the impact they are having on network performance.
The business case for deploying Sinefa in your network
- Cut costs and risk by implementing an effective BYOD strategy
- Optimize network performance through a single dashboard
- Gain high visibility into the BYOD traffic on your network
- Access Sinefa’s classification catalog to recognise and control new recreational apps
- Boost network performance and, in turn, employee productivity
- Save time and money by not throwing unnecessary bandwidth at the problem
The technical case for deploying Sinefa in your network
- Gain visibility into the BYOD traffic on your network
- Gain real-time insight into the applications each device is using
- Identify resource-hungry apps and devices
- Shape network traffic to prioritise bandwidth towards critical business apps
- Monitor and control recreational app usage
It's about time you had the visibility and control you need.