Deliver high-performance mission critical business applications on your network
Boost employee collaboration and productivity by optimising
Unified Communications and VoIP
Many organisations are adopting unified communications solutions to bring together diverse applications such as presence, IM, email, video conferencing, VoIP and other collaborative and productivity tools, to provide a seamless experience regardless of media type or device. However, this combination of non-real-time and real-time traffic can place a significant burden on network performance.
During a VoIP call, for example, packets that are dropped, re-ordered, delayed, or suffer jitter, can make the communication unintelligible to the receiver. So how can organisations manage network performance in order to optimise UC and VoIP applications and, ultimately, boost business productivity.
Prioritise communications in your network
and manage bandwidth across the network so that critical applications perform to their full potential, and potential issues can be fixed before they impact applications or services. It’s about quality rather than quantity.
Sinefa’s technology provides in-depth visibility into network and applications performance, allowing organisations to monitor and manage any issues in near real-time.
Our experience shows that throwing more bandwidth at the problem is not the solution. Rather, our technology allows you to prioritise
The business case for deploying Sinefa in your network
- Reduce jitter and poor quality communications
- Shape and prioritise network traffic
- Identify app and service performance issues in real time
- Ensure bandwidth for critical business applications
- Improve the quality of VoIP calls
- Improve overall network performance
The technical case for deploying Sinefa in your network
- Save costs by eliminating the need to buy additional bandwidth
- Boost employee productivity and collaboration through optimised UC
- Save time and resources managing the network
- Cut travel costs by optimising UC tools such as conferencing
- Become a more flexible, responsive organisation by taking control of communications
- Cut communications costs by making VoIP calls
It's about time you had the visibility and control you need.